Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 11, 2018

Freshen up with this summery vocab

Good and sweltering day!
As you can experience by yourselves, summer is here with a heat wave all across Spain. I am in Málaga myself at the moment trying to cope with this blistering heat... Anyway, to make your summer a little bit more refreshing, I have decided to prepare a presentation on summer vocabulary, including typical summer objects, activities, food and clothes. This way you can get refreshed and at the same time enlarge your English lexis, isn't it cool?
What you are expected to do as the presentation says on slide 1 is basically, type intro, have a look at the image, try to guess the word in English, and then type intro again to see if your guess was right. There are no less than 72 slides in the presentation, so I'm pretty sure you'll get to learn a lot of new words and expressions. Before starting, you may want to revise some old posts of mine dealing with holidays: it smells of holidays; summer is finally here; frolicking in the water; hot weather. Now that I expect you to have revised my posts, good luck with the vocab!


How many new words did you learn? Do you know any other words or expressions worth appearing in my presentation? Post them in a comment and I'll include them. Enjoy the summer and don't get sunburnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment