Total Pageviews

Monday, August 27, 2018

Third blog anniversary: the most popular entries so far

Image result for third blog anniversary

Incredible though it may sound, my blog has turned 3 years old, and it seems that I started my first entry just yesterday, but no, three more years have gone by and here I am celebrating my third blog anniversary. Last week I presented you my ranking with the least popular posts of my blog and today I intend to do the opposite thing: I will be presenting the selection of the most successful (and I presume interesting) entries of my blog so far. This is the ranking of my most visited entries two years ago and, as you can see, the list has considerably changed over the years, so here you have my updated ranking of the most visited entries:
Image result for ranking top 10
10. The verb pay and its intricacies: You all know the verb 'pay' in English, but it means way more than using your money. Learn some expressions with this verb that you can use in your daily life. (440 views)

9. English phonology: some tricks that will help you improve your pronunciation: English pronunciation may seem tough and illogical, but here you have 10 tricks that you can use to polish your pronunciation. Don't miss them (453 views)

8. Lexical creativity: How are new words created in English? Well, by thousands of processes like eponymy, blending, conversion, clippings... Highly interesting entry to know how the English language creates new words every day... (457 views)

7. Alternative expressions to 'yes' and 'no'; 'good' and 'bad': Perfect entry to enlarge your vocab and sound more like a native speaker. Avoid using 'yes' and 'no' and use some more colloquial expressions instead. Don't overuse the adjectives 'good' and 'bad', there are tons of expressions that you can use. (469 views)

6. Let's ditch exams: As you know, in today's society we are constantly tested by means of exams. Discover some lexis related to exams and some verbs that collocate with them. (501 views)

5. Why is it so important to speak English? Are you hesitant whether you should be learning English or not? Here you have eight reasons why. Probably the most important entry of my blog... the one that will encourage you to keep learning English. (591 views)

4. Ouch! These idioms really hurt! Are you the violent kind of guy? He he. Hope not, but if you somehow are into violence, here you have some idiomatic expressions related to war, violence and aggressive behaviour. Highly recommended entry! (692 views) 

3. Body Idioms I: I presume that by now you must be familiar with parts of the body in English. However, are you familiar with some idiomatic expressions using parts of the body, like, for example, something that costs an arm and a leg. Enlarge your vocab thanks to this entry. You may also want to have a look at body idioms II. (709 views)

2. Onomatopoeic words: Words that reproduce the sound they represent make the learning process easier. Get to know some onomatopoeias like 'bang' or 'crash' in this entry. (864 views)

And the winner is...

1. Christmas in the US, UK and Spain, similarities and differences: As you can guess, Christmas traditions across the world vary. Learn some Christmas traditions in these three countries. How do the English, the Americans and the Spaniards celebrate Christmas? (954 views)

Well, with this lengthy entry, I'll be concluding the third blog anniversary. I hope by this time next year I'll be celebrating my fourth blog anniversary with you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment